Saturday 17 August 1996
T S E T R N S ... ?
and this one:
S T N D R D T ... ?
and finally, try this one:
E E I L P P R T ... ?
(they have no connection with each other whatsoever).
A Larousse Desk Reference Encyclopedia will be awarded to the first correct answer opened on 28 August. Answers to: Saturday Pastimes, the Independent, 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL.
3 August answers:
Steven Redgrave (starved revenge); Coxless pairs (closes praxis), Gold medals (small dodge) Winner: DG Browning (Leicester).
Arts & Ents blogs
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
It’s hard not to feel sorry for doe-eyed Andy. He spends months pining after Louise, has huge nostr...
Fragility of life looms large over an episode that closes with the scarring on Julie's stomach. Whil...
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria