Saturday 20 April 1996
Wefz wxq ksx ktxbns ghuz ou owlyzs xbkdsg?
Answers (not in code, please) to arrive by 1 May to: Pastimes, the Independent, 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL. The first correct reply opened on that date will win a Larousse Desk Reference Encyclopedia.
And here's a clue, if you need one: 1847-1931.
6 April answer:
Shrew (The opening letters of each word spell out "Now reverse order with endings"; reversing the order of the final letters of the words of that sentence gives the answer.)
Winner: Richard Parker (Sheffield).
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Doctor Who lesbian kiss sparks Ofcom complaints over 'weird lesbian-lizard perv trip'
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Emmys 2014: Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman and Steven Moffat win big awards for Sherlock
Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Kate Bush, Hammersmith Apollo, review: The long wait felt worth it
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- < Previous
- Next >