Pick of the Day: Cable, Digital and Satellite
Thursday 09 September 1999
Jack Nicholson, a screen legend from the subsequent generation, stars in the enjoyable Broadcast News (8pm FilmFour), a more contemporary tale of power struggles among media folk.
Riders in the Tour of Spain (noon Eurosport), meanwhile, today face a gruelling day in the mountains in the fifth stage from Bejar to Ciudad Rodrigo, while the US Open (2pm Sky Sports 2) has reached the semi-final stage of the women's competition with Venus Williams scheduled to play Martina Hingis.
Auction house to give away $1m masterpiece in charity raffle - and tickets are only $100 each
Beatles rush out 'bootleg' album to defy EU copyright law
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
Harvey Weinstein reveals his secret weapon on-set
Now that an oil trader's drinking has got him sacked, will we all have to make do with an afternoon latte?
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- < Previous
- Next >