Pick of the Day: Cable, Digital and Satellite
Thursday 09 September 1999
Jack Nicholson, a screen legend from the subsequent generation, stars in the enjoyable Broadcast News (8pm FilmFour), a more contemporary tale of power struggles among media folk.
Riders in the Tour of Spain (noon Eurosport), meanwhile, today face a gruelling day in the mountains in the fifth stage from Bejar to Ciudad Rodrigo, while the US Open (2pm Sky Sports 2) has reached the semi-final stage of the women's competition with Venus Williams scheduled to play Martina Hingis.
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Labour Party conference: Ed Balls to set out plan to freeze child benefit to balance books