Pick of the Day: Cable, Digital and Satellite
Thursday 09 September 1999
Jack Nicholson, a screen legend from the subsequent generation, stars in the enjoyable Broadcast News (8pm FilmFour), a more contemporary tale of power struggles among media folk.
Riders in the Tour of Spain (noon Eurosport), meanwhile, today face a gruelling day in the mountains in the fifth stage from Bejar to Ciudad Rodrigo, while the US Open (2pm Sky Sports 2) has reached the semi-final stage of the women's competition with Venus Williams scheduled to play Martina Hingis.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture