Pop: Five Arena shows
Saturday 05 December 1998
Rod Stewart A sell-out series of shows, though some tickets for the old croaker remain for 6 Dec.
Earls Court, London SW5 (07-378 84) Wed & Fri
James Veteran Mancunians, with the rising-fast Stereophonics technically the support act.
NEC, Birmingham (02-780 433) tonight; Pavilions, Plymouth (0752 229922) Mon; Newport Centre (0633 662666) Tue; Brighton Centre (0870 900 900) Wed; Wembley Arena (08-902 0902) Fri.
M People Safe but tight soul sounds from Heather Small and company. David Lynden Hall opens.
Wembley Arena (08-902 0902) Tue & Wed
Manic Street Preachers With Catatonia in support this could turn into a fest of pub rock.
Bournemouth International Centre (0202 456456) Tue
Culture Club Human League and ABC jump on the Eighties-revival bandwagon.
NEC, Birmingham (02-780 433) tomorrow
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Daniel Radcliffe deemed 'not marketable' without his English accent
Gorillaz Phase 4: Cartoon supergroup is back as new artwork is unveiled
Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
As Better Call Saul launches, here are the other spin-off shows we need to see
Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
The open loathing between Barack Obama and Benjamin Netanyahu just got worse
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
President Putin is a dangerous psychopath - reason is not going to work with him
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Britain's widening poverty gap should be causing outrage at the start of the election campaign