Pop: Five Arena shows
Saturday 05 December 1998
Rod Stewart A sell-out series of shows, though some tickets for the old croaker remain for 6 Dec.
Earls Court, London SW5 (07-378 84) Wed & Fri
James Veteran Mancunians, with the rising-fast Stereophonics technically the support act.
NEC, Birmingham (02-780 433) tonight; Pavilions, Plymouth (0752 229922) Mon; Newport Centre (0633 662666) Tue; Brighton Centre (0870 900 900) Wed; Wembley Arena (08-902 0902) Fri.
M People Safe but tight soul sounds from Heather Small and company. David Lynden Hall opens.
Wembley Arena (08-902 0902) Tue & Wed
Manic Street Preachers With Catatonia in support this could turn into a fest of pub rock.
Bournemouth International Centre (0202 456456) Tue
Culture Club Human League and ABC jump on the Eighties-revival bandwagon.
NEC, Birmingham (02-780 433) tomorrow
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies after injuring spine doing somersault celebration
- 2 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming that the street artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
Breaking Bad season 6 is still not happening
Doctor Who, Flatline - review: Clara isn’t half bad as the Time Lord
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming
X Factor 2014 results: Chloe Jasmine and Stephanie Nala sent home
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver allegedly kicks gay couple off for kissing
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage