POP: FIVE UNMISSABLE AMERICANS
Saturday 17 April 1999
Flaming Lips Hail the return of Oklahoma City's finest.
Electric Ballroom, NW (07-485 9006) Thur
2 Jon Spencer Blues Explosion Twisted Delta rock'n'roll via New York City.
London Forum, NW5 (07-344 0044) Thur
Elliott Smith Gorgeously melodic songwriting.
Shepherd's Bush Empire, W2 (07-77 2000) Wed
Sleater-Kinney Possibly the best rocking female band right now.
London Forum, NW5 (07-344 0044) Thur; Brighton Pavilion (0273 709709) Fri
Jason & the Scorchers Veteran Nashville rockers play it loud as ever.
Mean Fiddler, NW0 (08-963 0940) tonight
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
musicPolice chief rejects rappers' claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
healthJames Bond's alcohol consumption puts him at 'high risk' of cirrhosis, tremors... and impotence
Arts & Ents blogs
Jack Whitehall crowned king of British Comedy Awards
Beyonce guerrilla releases entire new album worldwide on iTunes
American Psycho , theatre review: Matt Smith regenerates as ripped uber-narcissist
MasterChef: The Professionals 2013 - Steven Edwards crowned winner
Kanye West is as 'misguided as they come': Ohio police chief rejects rapper's claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >