Pop Lyric sheets: A Hard Night's DIY
Gadzooks, the Pre-fab Four are back. A new Rutles album, `Archaeology', is due out later this month...
Friday 04 October 1996
I knew the songs, followed the van
Like four pied pipers - but from Rutland
They changed my life. I was a fan
Jean Paul Sartre and Ringo
Pop songs for the thinking man
It's 20 years ago and some
Since Rutter taught the band to hum
And Dirk admitted drinking tea
He WAS The Rutles then, to me
He's older now with oyster eyes
I heard his wife is making pies
But though the songs will still remain
We may not see their like again
"THE RUTLES AT THE ABC"
All helped to bring it back to me
They caught the zeitgeist, told the truth
Check out the songs and mourn your youth
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
James Blunt finally admits the truth: 'You're Beautiful' is annoying
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt is intriguing as unsympathetic war hero
Batman v Superman: Side-kick Robin to be 'woman played by Jena Malone'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments