Pop Lyric sheets: For space-age bachelors everywhere, so long as they s tay in their space-age bachelor pads...
Friday 12 April 1996
It's Mondo Space Age rising
So ditch that loud guitar
As clubs spring up in London
Playing chintzy MOR
Where Easy Listening gurus
Now find they can survive
By argung the case for
The Harry Stonheman Five
And Kaempfert Comes Alive.
Where Afro perms, Mancini
And Matt Monroe are in
And Camden kids will kill for
A working Theremin
Where Wout Steenhuis - on vinyl
Can cost you half your wad
And any fan of Brit Pop
Will find he's on his tod
For Bacharach is God.
They drop the name discreetly
Juan Garcia Esquivel
An Yma Sumac button
Adorning their lapel
Now James Last meets the Jetsons
And Alpert's worth a fling
Where Stylophone is sexy
But Vibraphone is king
And no one feels a thing.
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures