Pop: This Week's Album Releases - Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry (Razor & Tie)
Friday 26 February 1999
It's a beautiful but emotionally harrowing journey; few eyes will remain dry as the trio approach the unbearable pathos of Nields's "I Know What Kind of Love This Is" and Shindell's own "Ballad of Mary Magdalen" which, by viewing the Gospel from the woman's point of view, manages to raise more questions about Christianity than a month of Synods.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin