Preview; First call
Saturday 20 February 1999
Comedy Theatre, London, SW1 (0171-369 1731) 8 Apr to 17 Jul
The Seventies retro sound of Kula Shaker (above) emerged, incongruously, at the same time as New Lad culture. Stranger still, the band has survived unscathed, praised even by Oasis. Although tickets sold out for a date at the 108 Club within three hours, Crispian et al are embarking on a tour later in March. Naturally you'll have to act fast... the London date may have sold out already.
Venues include: Academy, Manchester (0161-832 1111) 17 Mar; Corn Exchange, Cambridge, (01223 357851) 24 Mar, Brixton Academy, London (0171-942 9999) 26 Mar
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
X Factor winners: Where are they now?
Dancing on Ice 2014 line-up revealed
Ben Whishaw to play Freddie Mercury in Dexter Fletcher film
Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat: Peter Capaldi is worlds away from Malcolm Tucker
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >