Quotes of the Week
Saturday 27 February 1999
Dame Thora Hird, actress (above)
"I am told there is a new, tough generation known phonetically as Bananas meaning Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything."
The Prince of Wales
"I am a rebel against strictness and also against logic."
Ken Dodd, comedian
"`Axed' is a negative word. This is a positive, forward move."
The spokesperson for the soon to be discontinued `Noel's House Party'
"The best way to end a canteen culture is to spend more time outside the canteen."
"I am considered attractive by some people and I've been completely ignored by others, so I know that I am somewhere in the middle."
Colin Firth, actor
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >