Quotes of the Week
Saturday 27 February 1999
Dame Thora Hird, actress (above)
"I am told there is a new, tough generation known phonetically as Bananas meaning Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything."
The Prince of Wales
"I am a rebel against strictness and also against logic."
Ken Dodd, comedian
"`Axed' is a negative word. This is a positive, forward move."
The spokesperson for the soon to be discontinued `Noel's House Party'
"The best way to end a canteen culture is to spend more time outside the canteen."
"I am considered attractive by some people and I've been completely ignored by others, so I know that I am somewhere in the middle."
Colin Firth, actor
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men