Restaurants: Christmas Kitsch
Saturday 31 October 1998
Chingford Rd, London E4 (0181-531 4255)
Greyhound heaven has chips, a pint of lager, race admission and a pounds 1 betting voucher, all for a fiver.
66 Streatham High Rd, London SW16 (0181-769 2646)
Elvis brightens weekends and suffers sexual incursion from drunken hen parties.
Victoria Embankment, London WC2 (0171-839 3011)
Boat-based jollies from pounds 19 a head, with belly dancers, magicians and bad music.
96 Charing Cross Rd, London WC2 (0171-379 3277)
pounds 13.50 a head for tapas; falling over and thinking you're a sex bomb is free.
Brick Lane Music Hall
134-146 Curtain Rd, London EC2 (0171-739 9997)
pounds 28.50 a head for three courses and a panto - Jack and His Giant Stalk is the choice this year.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain