Restaurants: Christmas Kitsch
Saturday 31 October 1998
Chingford Rd, London E4 (0181-531 4255)
Greyhound heaven has chips, a pint of lager, race admission and a pounds 1 betting voucher, all for a fiver.
66 Streatham High Rd, London SW16 (0181-769 2646)
Elvis brightens weekends and suffers sexual incursion from drunken hen parties.
Victoria Embankment, London WC2 (0171-839 3011)
Boat-based jollies from pounds 19 a head, with belly dancers, magicians and bad music.
96 Charing Cross Rd, London WC2 (0171-379 3277)
pounds 13.50 a head for tapas; falling over and thinking you're a sex bomb is free.
Brick Lane Music Hall
134-146 Curtain Rd, London EC2 (0171-739 9997)
pounds 28.50 a head for three courses and a panto - Jack and His Giant Stalk is the choice this year.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
- 5 QS university world rankings: Imperial College London leapfrogs Oxford to join Cambridge as best British university
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'
Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
Cilla, ITV, review: Sheridan Smith embodies the young singer perfectly
Doctor Who, Listen, review: Possibly Steven Moffat's most terrifying episode
Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'