reviews: I Can't Believe It's Not) The Butter Factor
Wednesday 14 August 1996
Parker's writing brutally cuts through the laughter, twisting the knife in the process, and Anderson brings Hazel to life with a beautifully observed portrayal which makes Hazel's gradual disintegration heartbreaking to watch. See this woman now and it's guaranteed you'll never be able to read Dorothy Parker again without picturing Shirley Anderson as the bitter- sweet lead in every tale.
n Hill Street Theatre (venue 41). To 28 Aug (not tomorrow, 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27)
Sir Charles Mackerras, the conductor of Fidelio on Monday night, is having problems with his shoulder, and his movements are evidently a bit constrained. This was not enough, however, to explain
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers