Tuesday 02 March 1999
The Duke of Edinburgh visits the British Equestrian Trade Association International Fair, at the National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham; and, as First Honorary Liveryman, attends the Worshipful Company of Engineers Election Court Meeting and Dinner at the City of London Club, London EC2. The Princess Royal, President, the Rural Housing Trust, attends a conference at the Heritage Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire; officially opens Arburg Limited's new United Kingdom Headquarters at Tachbrook Park Drive, Warwick; and, as President, the British Horse Society, opens the BHS Rescue Centre, Stonecroft Equestrian Centre Ltd, Oxhill, Warwickshire. Princess Alexandra attends a Gala Dinner, to mark the 30th Anniversary of her Patronage of the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, at St James's Palace.
Changing of the Guard
The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment mounts the Queen's Life Guard at Horse Guards, 11am; 1st Battalion The Duke of Wellington's Regiment mounts the Queen's Guard, at Buckingham Palace, 11.30am, band provided by the Coldstream Guards.
Arts & Ents blogs
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
If you had any doubt where Binky gets her brilliantly brassy disregard for social graces, episode se...
Kate Simko is a lady who has constantly worked towards to pushing herself musically. Though she make...
- 1 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.