SEEN LATELY DANIEL RYAN Actor
Sunday 28 March 1999
There are three characters: a card boy, the man he looks after, and a prostitute who is pregnant. It is not necessarily the card boy's baby but they are having a relationship. He wants her to move to the country and set up a marijuana farm, so it's a case of out of the frying pan. It's a play about people in a different world but it shows you can still make choices and you can still get out. It's funny, touching and honest. I think it's a terrific play and hope he'll be one of the new writers for the future.
I bought the video of Robert Winston's The Human Body, a six-part series tracing a person from conception to death. Winston has a great knack of explaining the science and technology in human terms,and the final part is very moving where you watch someone die. It is an extraordinary programme which makes you question how lucky you are to be here.
Daniel Ryan is appearing as Bottom in the Royal Shakespeare Company's `A Midsummer Night's Dream', Stratford (01789 295623.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl Kaychanel featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >