SPRING FASHION 1998
Sunday 25 January 1998
What you need is a guide to the best (and the worst) of the catwalk looks - which, over the next eight pages, we're only too happy to provide. You'll find chic, understated luxury from Prada, Calvin Klein and Marc Jacobs, featuring the seas-on's star buys of crisp cotton shirts and cashmere T-shirts; bright acid colours, especially pink, from Matthew Williamson and Versace, or cool, bright white from nearly everyone. For the crumpled brigade, drawstrings on everything from waistbands to necklines make getting dressed seriously easy; while an abundance of smart suits will keep the workers happy. Finally, for those who believe fashion should really be frivolous, there's the 'Club Tropicana' look (overleaf). Have fun.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians