Style: On the street Top of the crops
Sunday 06 February 2005
The plus side is that cropped trousers look great worn with a chunky knit or, if smart is the way you play it, teamed with a fitted jacket for the office. Either way, it's a day off from having to wear a skirt, which will always get my vote.
Think Margaret Howell-style: straight-legged with a turn-up. And as summer shows approaches, wear them low-slung with rolled-up bottoms. A word of warning: avoid teaming them with a three-quarter-length coat. While we don't mind suffering a little for style, wearing one too many different hemlines will never do.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action