Television: Heard on air
Sunday 18 October 1998
Steve Le Fevre
The Media Show (R5)
My mother was caught, in a big way: she had a son interned and her daughter's husband was patrolling the camp. That makes a stone of the heart.
Danny Morrison, ex-IRA Resigning Issues (R4)
You start doing something spontaneously and then to your astonishment you have what literary critics call a motif.
Night Waves (R3)
People come here for the Little BFMs - little brown bleeping machines.
Vile tourist in
the Dominican Republic
Sex Tourism Vigilantes (R5)
The one lesson people have learned from the twentieth century is that we'd better build some firewalls against human power.
Professor Michael Howard
In Our Time (R4)
There are in fact only seven words in the whole of the Messiah. They are: the, Messiah, born, rejoice, sheep, hallelujah and amen.
Rainer Hersch's All Classical Music Explained (R4)
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget