Wednesday 04 February 1998
1. To get rid of all that tacky mousse and pollution I first used the Clarifying Oat Hair Wash - put the liquid into the palm of my hand first not straight onto my scalp - regular use will restore the hair's natural balance and encourage moisture retention. Remembered to wash my nape. Then lathered up with the Purifying version (does for any hair type). Both smell yummily of almonds and peaches.
2. Towel-dried hair and spritzed on the leave-in spray Restoring Emulsion Conditioner (pounds 8.50). Paid attention to not squirting my scalp, but only the hair itself.
3. Applied a small dollop of Brilliance (pounds 12.25) for the important anti- frizz factor.
4. Tipped my head forward and crunch-dried my hair with a dryer and diffuser (for a less harsh effect). Felt dizzy.
5. Reached for Michael's personal can't-do-without, the Defining Ice Humectant and (upright now) scrunched it into my dry hair. Wayward and fluffy curls now look more pronounced.
6. Finished (just in case) with diCesare's best seller the Liquifix Liquid Mousse (pounds 12.50) - a clear liquid in a pump spray that holds everything in place and you can still run a hand through your hair. Phew! Seems a lot, but 15 minutes later and I'm back at my desk. Do I look any different? Any better? Who can say, but I smell nice and I feel clean and shiny.
BBC Trust agrees to axe channel from TV in favour of digital moveTV
Final Top Gear reviewTV
FestivalsFive ways to avoid the portable toilets
Jurassic WorldThe results are completely brilliant
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 3 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 4 Greece crisis: Crowdfunding campaign crashes Indiegogo, raises half a million in just three days
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
The Rolling Stones announce biggest ever touring rock exhibition with Saatchi Gallery
Glastonbury 2015: The best bits you missed from Lionel Richie and the Dalai Lama to The Libertines' secret set
Glastonbury 2015: The picture of a man crowd surfing in a wheelchair is brilliant, but it wasn't taken at Glastonbury
Fifty Shades of Grey author EL James' Twitter Q&A didn't exactly go as planned
Glastonbury 2015: Shocking scenes of rubbish left strewn across campsite as clean-up begins
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS