The Independent Recommends: Pop
Thursday 03 September 1998
Dingwalls, London NW1 (0171-267 1577) 8pm
Bradford's long-running poppy rockers Terrorvision (above) are one of those bands which have had more hits than perhaps we all realise. Tonight starts yet another tour and while they'll almost certainly run through "My House", "Oblivion", "Pretend Best Friend" and "Alice, What's the Matter", they'll also be keen to hammer home new material that just might get them back into the spotlight after a couple of quiet years.
Tivoli, Buckley (01244 546201) 8pm
A The film has amassed an estimated $28.7 million in its opening weekend
A statement was published on his fansite, True To You, following release of new album
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women