The Independent Recommends: Theatre
Wednesday 21 October 1998
Royal National Theatre, London SE1 (0171-452 3000) 7.30pm
Tom Barrie's Example: The Case of Craig and Bentley - continuing the Finborough's engaging "Discipline" season - may not be first-rate drama, but it rigorously conveys the sequence of events that led to the incapable Derek Bentley (right) being hanged for a crime he didn't commit, a judgement that set new standards in making the evidence fit the punishment.
Finborough, London SW10 (0171-373 3842) 8.30pm
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >