The Independent Recommends: Theatre
Tuesday 29 September 1998
Orange Tree, Richmond, Surrey (0181-940 3633) 7.45pm
Bill Alexander's Hamlet has got Birmingham Rep's new improved season off to a rousing start. The cherubic Richard McCabe lends a deceptively light-hearted edge to the prince's "antic disposition", parading about in a nightgown through a vast, murky Elsinore to unnerve the panic-prone Claudius (Gerard Murphy, right). Strongly recommended.
Birmingham Rep Theatre (0121-236 4455) 7.30pm.
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia