The War in the Balkans: Quotes of the War
Saturday 03 April 1999
`Arkan', Serb mercenary (above)
"President Milosevic should make no mistake; the United States takes care of its own."
"There's no knockout blow that can be delivered, either from the ground or from the air. It never was going to work instantaneously."
George Robertson, Defence Secretary
"Historically ignorant, politically inept and internationally illegal"
Sir Peter Tapsell, Tory MP,
describing Britain's involvement in the bombing
"Milosevic is in charge of a campaign of murder and ethnic cleansing. I think by any definition that's a war crime."
the Prime Minister's press secretary
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Japanese plant experts produce 10,000 lettuce heads a day in LED-lit indoor farm
- 3 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’