The Week in Review: The Dance Martha Graham
"Christine Dakin's performance in Errand is strong, clear and vivid; this kind of expressiveness is what we once used to see from all Graham's dancers," revealed John Percival.
"They dance with confidence, beautifully shaping the signature moves that made Graham this century's greatest dancer," trilled the Evening Standard. "An unmissable exhibition of genius, though there are weak performances to ignore," wrote The Daily Telegraph. "[Appalachian Spring] disappointed, the cast lacking the focus and flame needed to turn so much theatrical artifice into living emotion," grumbled The Times.
Owing to its taped score, Appalachian Spring was disappointing, but the show built up to a thrilling finale with Chronicle.
Tonight is the final show by the Martha Graham Dance Company at the Barbican Centre, London. Call 0171-638 8891
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Back in Black (Sabbath): On the comeback trail with Ozzy Osbourne and crew
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >