The Week in Review: The Dance Martha Graham
"Christine Dakin's performance in Errand is strong, clear and vivid; this kind of expressiveness is what we once used to see from all Graham's dancers," revealed John Percival.
"They dance with confidence, beautifully shaping the signature moves that made Graham this century's greatest dancer," trilled the Evening Standard. "An unmissable exhibition of genius, though there are weak performances to ignore," wrote The Daily Telegraph. "[Appalachian Spring] disappointed, the cast lacking the focus and flame needed to turn so much theatrical artifice into living emotion," grumbled The Times.
Owing to its taped score, Appalachian Spring was disappointing, but the show built up to a thrilling finale with Chronicle.
Tonight is the final show by the Martha Graham Dance Company at the Barbican Centre, London. Call 0171-638 8891
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Robin Thicke admits he did not write 'Blurred Lines'
Colin Firth and Emma Stone on starring in Magic in the Moonlight: Woody Allen's 1920s romance
Doctor Who series 8: Time Heist pictures revealed ahead of episode 5
Pharrell Williams says 'Blurred Lines' criticism is 'out of context'
The Walking Dead season 5 air date, trailer and season 4 recap
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes