Edinburgh Festival preview: Dance - Rite of Spring, Édouard Lock and LA Dance Project
Sunday 28 July 2013
Dance Odyssey is a new scheme whereby you can see a clutch of performances, films or talks on one ticket. Worth a look is Christopher Hampson's Rite of Spring (Festival Theatre, eif.co.uk, 18 Aug), and Scottish Ballet's world premiere of a work by king of speed, Édouard Lock (16 Aug).
Benjamin Millepied shot to prominence with the film Black Swan. Now his LA Dance Project makes its UK debut with a bill of work by Cunningham, Forsythe and Millepied. (Edinburgh Playhouse, eif.co.uk, 24 to 26 Aug).
Face to watch: Benjamin Millepied, aka Mr Natalie Portman, couldn't be better monikered. What's more, the New York Times called him "the biggest dancer to cross over into pop culture since Baryshnikov".
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains