Food for thought: Claudia O’Doherty, comedian
Sunday 10 November 2013
Claudia O’Doherty is a Foster’s Award-nominated stand- up touring the UK as part of The Invisible Dot’s New Wave tour. She tells Charlotte Cripps about her current reading, watching and listening
I watch a bit of X Factor, but am not invested, as I haven’t seen earlier episodes - and am also distracted by a mouse who runs out from under the fridge even though a pest-controller has been over four times.
I view the finale of Breaking Bad because Monday morning is the best time to watch powerful TV.
On the Tube, I listen to Alec Baldwin’s podcast, “Here’s the Thing”. Don’t listen to this often because Baldwin is too patronising to older female guests, too huskily flirty with females under 60, and then just normal with men.
I can’t sleep because of the mice, so read lots of Nora Ephron’s Heartburn. I’ve read it before, but it’s so funny.
As I’m washing dishes in the afternoon, I listen to Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell’s Greatest Hits.
Watch Stories We Tell, Sarah Polley’s documentary about her family. It’s good, but I fall asleep, having not slept properly for days.
I watch “Celery Man” a sketch starring Paul Rudd from the American sketch series Tim and Eric Awesome Show: Great Job! It’s on YouTube and I make my friend watch it too.
Broadcaster unveils Christmas scheduleTV
Jeff Fletcher found fame in 1990s
'At times I thought he was me'film
Review: One Direction, Fourmusic
Review: The World of Ice and Firebooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict