One to Watch: Yonah Acosta, Ballet dancer, 23
Saturday 10 November 2012
"It’s about finding your own identity.” It can’t be easy
living in the shadow of his famous uncle, Carlos, who helped get
him into the Cuban National Ballet School, aged 10, and with whom
he shares a striking resemblance.
Now a junior soloist at the English National Ballet and winner of the ENB’s 2012 Emerging Dancer and People’s Choice Awards, the Havana-born dancer who speaks little English will be performing in the ENB’s Christmas show The Nutcracker.
Film Leonardo DiCaprio hunts Tom Hardy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Artist Jamie McCartney: How The Great Wall of Vagina is a stand against 'body fascism'
- 2 Katie Hopkins reveals fear she will die during brain surgery to cure epilepsy
- 3 Tom Cruise: Reporters banned from asking actor about Scientology
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Michael B Jordan and Kate Mara handle excruciatingly awkward and offensive interview questions like pros
Artist Jamie McCartney: How The Great Wall of Vagina is a stand against 'body fascism'
Agatha Christie: Experts discover secret formula to unmask killers in author's books
Cilla Black: Her 12 best songs, from 'Anyone Who Had a Heart' to 'You're My World'
Zoolander 2 trailer leaks online and it's really, really, ridiculously good looking
Michael B Jordan and Kate Mara handle excruciatingly awkward and offensive interview questions like pros
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality