The Barometer: NoFit State; Anvil; Michael Grandage; Twitter
Friday 27 March 2009
The circus troupe bring their exhilarating high- wire thrills to London's Roundhouse.
Metal fan or no, you'll be tempted to buy their records after seeing this touching documentary about the ill-fated Canadian band.
Hard Rock Calling
Glastonbury's Bruce Springsteen and Neil Young – without the mud. Other highlights for this Hyde Park two-dayer include Fleet Foxes, The Pretenders and Seasick Steve.
...and what's not
Never thought we'd say it, but Grandage gets his first flop with Madame de Sade starring Dame Judi.
Well, according to Jennifer Aniston. The social networking site was the deal-breaker with John Mayer.
The latest star to get the rap – for mocking Will Young.
Grace Dent on TVtv
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Academy criticised after no non-white actors nominated
tvAn expose of hooliganism masquerading as an ideological battle
artLee Hadwin can't draw when he's awake, but by night he's an artist
‘Remember the attackers are a cold-blooded, crazy minority’, says Blek le Rat
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Heavy metal producer's corpse to be mutilated by models as per his dying wish
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Nineteen-year-old student left gifts for parents before taking her own life
- 4 Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
- 5 Winston Churchill: From accusations of anti-Semitism to the blunt refusal that led to the deaths of millions
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
David Cameron says anyone criticising Eric Pickles' letter to Muslims 'really has a problem'