First picture: Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs
Tuesday 04 December 2012
Ashton Kutcher as Apple co-founder Steve Jobs and Amanda Seyfried as porn star Linda Lovelace are among the highlights at January's Sundance Film Festival.
Kutcher headlines director Joshua Michael Stern's jOBS, one of 18 star-studded premieres announced Monday for Robert Redford's independent-cinema showcase. Chronicling 30 years in the life of the Apple mastermind who died last year, jOBS is the closing-night film at Sundance, which runs 17-27 January in Park City, Utah.
Seyfried has the title role in Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman's Lovelace, a portrait of the adult-film actress who became an anti-porn crusader years after starring in the hardcore hit Deep Throat.
Other premieres playing Sundance include films featuring Scarlett Johansson, Dakota Fanning, Shia LaBeouf, Ethan Hawke, Holly Hunter and Naomi Watts.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now
Laurie Lee's Rosie: What is it like to inspire a writer's work and be immortalised forever on the page?
Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
Doctor Who series 8: Time Heist pictures revealed ahead of episode 5
The Walking Dead season 5 air date, trailer and season 4 recap
Star Wars 7 leaked set photo of Adam Driver changes everything
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'