Frocks away as Donovan signs up for 'Priscilla'
Wednesday 17 September 2008
Jason Donovan is to play a lead role in the West End version of Priscilla Queen Of The Desert. The former Neighbours actor will play the drag queen Mitzi when the musical transfers from Australia to the Palace Theatre in March.
At a launch event yesterday, Donovan, 40, said it was "ironic" that he would appear, but only because he was considered for the Oscar-winning 1994 film. In 1992, he successfully sued The Face magazine for claiming he was homosexual.
Arts & Ents blogs
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
It’s hard not to feel sorry for doe-eyed Andy. He spends months pining after Louise, has huge nostr...
Fragility of life looms large over an episode that closes with the scarring on Julie's stomach. Whil...
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria