Nativity record claimed by a cast of 788
Sunday 04 December 2011
A Somerset church may have broken the world record for the most people in a nativity scene.
Some 788 local residents – most dressed as shepherds, angels and wise men – took part in the event, organised by Welton Baptist Church and held on the main street at Midsomer Norton. The mayor, Paul Myers, said stewards kept a count, which needs to be verified by Guinness World Records before becoming official.
The current record stands at 567 people for a nativity scene held in Sassi di Matera, Italy, which took place three days after Christmas last year. The minimum number of people required for a Guinness-approved nativity is thee: Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus.
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Arts & Ents blogs
The desolation of the Weinstein brothers: Film producers sue Warner Bros for $75m over Hobbit films
Your Money, Money, Money please - Abba ask fans for £195 pledges on direct-to-fan website
The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug review
Not all right on the night
Lost Peter Sellers films Dearth of a Salesman and Insomnia Is Good for You hailed as the movie equivalent of 'finding Dead Sea Scrolls'
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Not all right on the night
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- < Previous
- Next >