Peter Stringfellow to become father at 72 nearly 50 years after his last child was born
Friday 08 February 2013
Nightclub owner Peter Stringfellow is to become a father again at the age of 72.
He made the announcement that his wife Bella, 30, was expecting during a private party at his central London club, Angels.
Stringfellow, who has two grown-up children and married Bella in 2009, said they are expecting their first child in August.
He told the Daily Mirror the couple were "obviously overjoyed".
He said: "My last child was born 48 years ago, so I'm up for the challenge.
"I know it's going to be tough so, of course we'll have nannies - a night nanny, and a day nanny and a holiday nanny and an aeroplane nanny. I'm ready for the hardship."
Earlier this year he signalled he might move into politics, saying he could stand against Nick Clegg at the 2015 general election after the Deputy Prime Minister twice singled him out as someone who did not deserve state-funded pensioner benefits.
Mr Clegg has riled the millionaire by using him as ammunition in his fight to remove the winter fuel payment from the wealthiest OAPs - a move opposed by Prime Minister David Cameron.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits after falling ill
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Breaking Bad season 6 hoax: Vince Gilligan has not confirmed a new series
Strictly Come Dancing v X Factor: Simon Cowell blasts BBC over scheduling war
Doctor Who series 8: Ofcom will not investigate lesbian kiss
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >