Rupert Everett's Wilde gets West End transfer
Friday 12 October 2012
Rupert Everett's acclaimed performance as Oscar Wilde is to transfer to the West End.
The actor has had a sell-out run with his starring role as the writer and wit in The Judas Kiss at north London's Hampstead Theatre.
Now the production has secured a further run at the Duke Of York's Theatre, opening on 17 January.
The play, by David Hare, also stars Freddie Fox as Lord Alfred Douglas and the rest of the Hampstead cast are to continue in their roles when the production transfers.
The Judas Kiss examines Wilde's relationship with his lover Lord Alfred, known as Bosie, focusing on two key moments in his life - the eve of his gross indecency arrest at a Knightsbridge hotel, and a night in Naples following his imprisonment in Reading Jail.
Arts & Ents blogs
Dennis Hopper's lost sixties photo album found
Top Gear makes Saudis look liberal, Kirsty Wark tells Independent Bath Literature Festival
Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Jenny Collier row: Comedy promoter apologises after dropping female comic 'because venue did not want too many women on the bill'
Lena Dunham strips naked for Girls spoof while hosting Saturday Night Live
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time