The stage is set for dance at festivals
Friday 18 July 2008
Summer festivals have often had other performers alongside the music.
Now dance is joining the bill. Alongside Franz Ferdinand and Sigur Ros, this weekend's Latitude Festival will show hip-hop, Indian classical dance and work by Wayne McGregor, resident choreographer at the Royal Ballet.
At least the dancers should be away from any mud. At Latitude, most of the dance performances will be on a stage in a lake. Today's final rehearsals will include assessments of damp, mosquitoes and lights bouncing off the water. Technicians are standing by with mops, to keep the stage dry.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture