Trending: No Smith and Jones... who'll play Bridget?
Sheridan Smith, the Olivier-award winning actress, has pulled out of Bridget Jones: The Musical, the West End adaptation of the popular column/book /film, set to open at the Savoy Theatre this autumn. Who could possibly fill her shoes?
Kate Winslet: Winslet's been around for so long, it's easy to assume she's older than she is but at 36, she's actually two years younger than Bridget. She's even had a hit single before, 2001's "What If".
Denise Van Outen: Van Outen impressed critics as Roxie Hart in Chicago and there's still enough time for her to get scoffing Krispy Kremes before production starts.
Michelle Dockery: The Downtown Abbey beauty might want to work on something more contemporary. She's also an accomplished jazz singer, don't you know.
Lucy Davis: Best known for playing Dawn in The Office, Davis certainly looks the part and she's funny. Just one thing: can she sing?
Renée Zellweger: It's hard to imagine anyone else playing Bridget, after Zellweger's Oscar nominated portrayal. She's sung on film before and she hasn't had a box office hit in years. How about it?
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >