THEATRE: PICK OF THE WEEK
Wednesday 27 March 1996
Back for a third time, Ian Brown's wildly successful production of Sue Glover's joyous celebration of a rural past streaked with sadness has a blink-and-you'll-miss-it (don't) stay in London before embarking on a world tour.
To Sat. Donmar Warehouse, London, WC2 (0171-369 1732)
Educating Rita / Oleanna
Two plays about power: Rita (above) is large-spirited and hearteningly supple, Oleanna is narrow and thrillingly single-minded. An astute piece of programming directed by Jonathan Church.
(01722 320 333)
Plan Nine from Outer Space
Regularly voted the Worst Movie Ever Made, Ed Wood's triumphantly dreadful tale of earthlings under threat is now a musical with Adele Anderson and Luke Goss.
Previews tomorrow, Queen's Theatre, Hornchurch
(01708 443333) opens Friday
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 I like Corbyn, but let's face it: we don't need another white man at the head of a political party
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
X Factor hopeful Mason Noise: 'How is Cheryl Fernandez-Versini in the music business, let alone a judge on the show?'
Trevor Noah, Edinburgh Fringe review: New Daily Show host warms up in inspired style
X Factor 2015: Ratings drop almost 2 million compared to last year's launch show
VMAs 2015: Kanye West runs for president, Nicki Minaj calls out Miley Cyrus and the list of winners in full
VMAs 2015: Taylor Swift and her buddy Kendrick Lamar clean-up at awards - full list of winners
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?