THEATRE: PICK OF THE WEEK
Wednesday 27 March 1996
Back for a third time, Ian Brown's wildly successful production of Sue Glover's joyous celebration of a rural past streaked with sadness has a blink-and-you'll-miss-it (don't) stay in London before embarking on a world tour.
To Sat. Donmar Warehouse, London, WC2 (0171-369 1732)
Educating Rita / Oleanna
Two plays about power: Rita (above) is large-spirited and hearteningly supple, Oleanna is narrow and thrillingly single-minded. An astute piece of programming directed by Jonathan Church.
(01722 320 333)
Plan Nine from Outer Space
Regularly voted the Worst Movie Ever Made, Ed Wood's triumphantly dreadful tale of earthlings under threat is now a musical with Adele Anderson and Luke Goss.
Previews tomorrow, Queen's Theatre, Hornchurch
(01708 443333) opens Friday
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
- < Previous
- Next >