Wednesday 01 October 1997
Moving on to Toledo: Galeano Continental bus leaves every 30 minutes from Estacin Sur de Autobuses. Return fare, pounds 5. Journey time, 50 minutes. Trains depart twice an hour from Atocha, Recoletos, Nuevos Ministerios or Chamartin stations. Return fare, pounds 8. Journey time, 90 minutes.
Where to stay: Hotel Pintor El Greco, C/Alamillos del Transito 13 (00 34 25 214250). A converted bakery in the Jewish Quarter. Double room, about pounds 25 per person.
Hotel Santa Isabel, C/Santa Isabel 24 (00 34 25 253120). A 15th-century building near the cathedral. Double room, about pounds 15 per person.
Pension Santa Ursula, C/Santa Ursula 14 (00 34 25 223426). A pretty, five-room pension in the heart of the old town. Double room, pounds 13 per person.
El Diamantista, Plaza Retama 4 (00 34 25 251427). Near the river, some rooms have balconies with spectacular views. Double room, pounds 14 per person.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 4 A Chinese journalist has appeared on state television 'confessing' to causing the stock market chaos
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
X Factor hopeful Mason Noise: 'How is Cheryl Fernandez-Versini in the music business, let alone a judge on the show?'
Wes Craven dead: Why Johnny Depp owes his career to director’s 13-year-old daughter
Trevor Noah, Edinburgh Fringe review: New Daily Show host warms up in inspired style
VMAs 2015: You can already buy ‘Kanye West for president’ t-shirts
VMAs 2015: Taylor Swift and her buddy Kendrick Lamar clean-up at awards - full list of winners
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
UN investigating British Government over human rights abuses caused by IDS welfare reforms