Wednesday 01 October 1997
Moving on to Toledo: Galeano Continental bus leaves every 30 minutes from Estacin Sur de Autobuses. Return fare, pounds 5. Journey time, 50 minutes. Trains depart twice an hour from Atocha, Recoletos, Nuevos Ministerios or Chamartin stations. Return fare, pounds 8. Journey time, 90 minutes.
Where to stay: Hotel Pintor El Greco, C/Alamillos del Transito 13 (00 34 25 214250). A converted bakery in the Jewish Quarter. Double room, about pounds 25 per person.
Hotel Santa Isabel, C/Santa Isabel 24 (00 34 25 253120). A 15th-century building near the cathedral. Double room, about pounds 15 per person.
Pension Santa Ursula, C/Santa Ursula 14 (00 34 25 223426). A pretty, five-room pension in the heart of the old town. Double room, pounds 13 per person.
El Diamantista, Plaza Retama 4 (00 34 25 251427). Near the river, some rooms have balconies with spectacular views. Double room, pounds 14 per person.
GlastonburyWI to make debut appearance at Somerset festival
TV reviewIt has taken seven episodes for Game of Thrones season five to hit its stride
FilmPalme d'Or goes to radical and astonishing film that turns conventional thinking about immigrants on its head
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people