Best TV shows on Netflix: 26 series to binge on
Dexter, you missed the cut based on that appalling final season
There's nothing like a good TV series to while away a slow weekend/sick day/that half hour after you get into bed, but if you're struggling to find a good show to watch, here's 26 currently streaming on Netflix that you can bank on (below).
There should be something for everyone in there, from big budget dramas such as House of Cards to small-fry mockumentaries such as Trailer Park Boys, from the grittiness of Breaking Bad to the bitchiness of RuPaul's Drag Race.
There are comedies, cartoons, talks and documentaries, and series from the US, UK, Scandinavia and Japan.
Click through the gallery for each show:
The shows are in no particularly order, and laid end-to-end make up over a month of viewing pleasure.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 4 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 5 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
The real reason Eddie Redmayne was cast as a trans woman in The Danish Girl
First Look at Bryan Cranston transformed into LBJ for HBO’s ‘All the Way’ film
Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
This little boy loves books so much that he cries when his mother stops reading to him
Prog rock finally comes of age with launch of the first Official Progressive Chart
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up