I'm sexy and I dough it: The male TV bakers raising temperatures
If music be the food of love, eat on. There is a new breed male TV chef putting the biceps into baking and giving Nigella a run for her money where the association between food and sex is concerned.
Self-proclaimed non-heart throb Paul Hollywood leads the hungry pack. But despite claims that he’s “shy” and wears “tracky bums” around the house, the silver fox of The Great British Bake Off has become a pin-up thanks to his sparkly blue eyes and flour-covered forearms.
The opening title of his new show Bread doesn’t leave much to the imagination. The "Christian Grey of the baking world" is seen kneading wet dough, trickling gooey honey over baked goods, then gently pulling the oozing dough apart in his hands (in slow motion).
But Hollywood isn’t the only ‘baking hunk’ on our screens. There’s the Fabulous Baker Brothers Tom and Henry Herbert, French fancy Eric Lanlard, Bake Off winner John Whaite and the very charming Ottolenghi.
Who’s your favourite boy baker? Leave comments and suggestions below:
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl Kaychanel featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >