James Gandolfini: The top ten Tony Soprano quotes
In the wake of James Gandolfini's death, we look back at the best of his character Tony Soprano's lines
In the wake of James 'Tony Soprano' Gandolfini’s death, we look back at some of his best quotes from hit HBO series The Sopranos.
Known for his charismatic, complex and sometimes violent character, the boss of the DiMeo crime family had a distinct worldview.
Here are some of his most memorable lines, penned by series creator David Chase.
1. On love: “Well, when you’re married, you’ll understand the importance of fresh produce.”
2. On therapy: “This psychiatry s***, apparently what you’re feeling is not what you’re feeling and what you’re not feeling is your real agenda.”
3. “Is this a woman thing? You ask me how I’m feeling. I tell you how I’m feeling, and now you’re going to torture me with it.”
4. “Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this.”
5. On being the boss: “All due respect, you got no f***ing idea what it’s like to be Number One.”
6. “You don’t s*** where you eat. And you really don’t s*** where I eat.”
7. “If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.”
8. On the internet: “Log off. That ‘cookie’ s*** makes me nervous.”
9. On Chicken Soup for the Soul: You should read 'Tomato Sauce for your Ass'. It’s the Italian version.
10. On being in the Mafia: “What use is an unloaded gun?”
Arts & Ents blogs
Sherlock's Benedict Cumberbatch 'first sexy Holmes', says Mark Gatiss
Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Jessica Alba interview: From Hollywood superwoman to household product CEO
Captain Phillips actor Barkhad Abdi struggles financially despite Oscar nomination
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it