James Gandolfini: The top ten Tony Soprano quotes
In the wake of James Gandolfini's death, we look back at the best of his character Tony Soprano's lines
In the wake of James 'Tony Soprano' Gandolfini’s death, we look back at some of his best quotes from hit HBO series The Sopranos.
Known for his charismatic, complex and sometimes violent character, the boss of the DiMeo crime family had a distinct worldview.
Here are some of his most memorable lines, penned by series creator David Chase.
1. On love: “Well, when you’re married, you’ll understand the importance of fresh produce.”
2. On therapy: “This psychiatry s***, apparently what you’re feeling is not what you’re feeling and what you’re not feeling is your real agenda.”
3. “Is this a woman thing? You ask me how I’m feeling. I tell you how I’m feeling, and now you’re going to torture me with it.”
4. “Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this.”
5. On being the boss: “All due respect, you got no f***ing idea what it’s like to be Number One.”
6. “You don’t s*** where you eat. And you really don’t s*** where I eat.”
7. “If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.”
8. On the internet: “Log off. That ‘cookie’ s*** makes me nervous.”
9. On Chicken Soup for the Soul: You should read 'Tomato Sauce for your Ass'. It’s the Italian version.
10. On being in the Mafia: “What use is an unloaded gun?”
The best TV shows and films coming to the servicetv
Watch the new House of Cards series three trailerTV
Oscars 2015It was the first time Barney has compered the Academy Awards
Oscars 2015 From Meryl Streep whooping Patricia Arquette's equality speech to Chris Pine in tears
Oscars 2015 Mexican filmmaker uses speech to urge 'respect' for immigrants
TV ReviewThe intrigue deepens as we delve further but don't expect any answers just yet
Razzies 2015 Golden Raspberry Awards 'honours' Cameron Diaz and Kirk Cameron
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
Game of Thrones season 5 spoilers: What we can expect according to George RR Martin's books
Spectre: Director Sam Mendes teases clips from upcoming James Bond movie
Indian Summers recommissioned: Channel 4 confirm a second series of British Empire drama
Fifty Shades of Grey movie shows first sex scene 'after 40 minutes'
The Casual Vacancy finale review: Superb cast, luscious cinematography - shame about the confused ending
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut