James Gandolfini: The top ten Tony Soprano quotes
In the wake of James Gandolfini's death, we look back at the best of his character Tony Soprano's lines
In the wake of James 'Tony Soprano' Gandolfini’s death, we look back at some of his best quotes from hit HBO series The Sopranos.
Known for his charismatic, complex and sometimes violent character, the boss of the DiMeo crime family had a distinct worldview.
Here are some of his most memorable lines, penned by series creator David Chase.
1. On love: “Well, when you’re married, you’ll understand the importance of fresh produce.”
2. On therapy: “This psychiatry s***, apparently what you’re feeling is not what you’re feeling and what you’re not feeling is your real agenda.”
3. “Is this a woman thing? You ask me how I’m feeling. I tell you how I’m feeling, and now you’re going to torture me with it.”
4. “Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this.”
5. On being the boss: “All due respect, you got no f***ing idea what it’s like to be Number One.”
6. “You don’t s*** where you eat. And you really don’t s*** where I eat.”
7. “If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.”
8. On the internet: “Log off. That ‘cookie’ s*** makes me nervous.”
9. On Chicken Soup for the Soul: You should read 'Tomato Sauce for your Ass'. It’s the Italian version.
10. On being in the Mafia: “What use is an unloaded gun?”
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
Eurovision 2015: The best moments from Australia's random entry to Lithuania's gay kiss
Clarkson, Hammond and May Live: Top Gear trio returns with a blend of fireworks, AC/DC and 'automotive pornography'
Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
Eurovision 2015: Estonia seemingly enters Louis Tomlinson from One Direction
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland