Live from BBC Television Centre: one last quiz
How much do you know about the soon-to-be-closed TV landmark?
Monday 18 March 2013
1 The odd shape of TVC was based on which typographical character, scrawled on an envelope by architect Graham Dawbarn?
2 The statue of Greek sun god Helios in TVC’s courtyard is said to represent what?
3 Eileen Atkins was the co-creator of which drama series, the last to be filmed at TVC, in 1994?
4 A 1967 serial, starring Susan Hampshire, of which classic novel was the first drama to be filmed in colour at TVC?
5 Actor Brian Blessed claims that BBC executive Huw Wheldon encouraged him to climb up what and attach a condom to it?
6 What happened when the fountain in the courtyard was turned on for a 1961 visit of the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh?
7 Former footballer Les Ferdinand admitted in 2000 to being an “accessory” to the infamous vandalism of the Blue Peter garden in 1983, but what was his role?
1. Question mark
2. The radiation of television light around the world
3. The House of Eliott
4. Vanity Fair
5. The Helios sculpture
6. It flooded the tape recording department in the basement
7. Ferdinand admitted to “helping a few people over the wall”
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
Cilla, episode 3, ITV - review: Ed Stoppard steals the limelight as Beatles manager Brian Epstein
'Before They Pass Away': Endangered communities photographed 'like Kate Moss'
The Jungle Book: A tale as old as time
The Simpsons death: Character killed off - but not the one you thought
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >