Mayday versus Broadchurch: Two strikingly similar murder mysteries go head-to-head
Which is which? Who's in it? Whodunnit? Alice Jones sorts the cuddly toys from the shady characters in new television dramas from ITV and BBC
You wait months for the UK’s Answer to The Killing and then two come along at once.
In the kind of scheduling blip designed to bamboozle viewers and make their blood boil, the BBC and ITV have both rolled out classy new dramas about the abduction of a child and the effect that the crime has a small, tight-knit community.
Both Mayday and Broadchurch are blessed with mouth-watering casts and lush scenery. Both display a penchant for regional accents and slow motion. Both feature people stealing cuddly toys for no discernible reason. And last night both were on at exactly the same time. Confused?
Here’s The Independent’s handy head-to-head guide.
Arts & Ents blogs
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
Sat in a hotel lobby amidst a music conference in Aarhus around 4am in is a great way to argue, and ...
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 3 Amir Khan interview: 'One second could end my boxing career'
- 4 Groundhog day looms for Arsène Wenger as Arsenal battle for a place in the Champions League on final day
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.