Radio Choice: Generations Apart / 9am, Radio 4
Monday 08 August 2011
Fi Glover traces the fortunes of people from two different generations – the first "baby boomers" born in 1946 now turning 65, and the children born in 1990, at the time of the advent of the worldwide web, and now turning 21. In today's programme, she meets the baby boomers.
Book of the Week: Bred of Heaven / 9.45am, Radio 4
Author Jasper Rees travels around Wales in order to discover his "inner Welshness", and tries coal-mining, sheep shearing and coracling to help with the process.
Radio 1's Stories: Laughs in the Park / 9pm Radio 1
Highlights from Verulamium Park in St Albans include Eddie Izzard, Ross Noble and Tommy Tiernan.
Book at Bedtime: The Sense of an Ending / 10.45pm Radio 4
Julian Barnes reads from his novel narrated by a man in his sixties looking back on the suicide of a friend at the age of 22.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 3 Do you know this man? Amnesia sufferer found in park pleads for help in identifying who he is
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories