Trending: The MTV Movie Awards is a most colourful cavalcade
If British TV has been dominated by flag-waving this week, across the pond, America's been busy crowning its own royalty at the MTV Movie Awards 2012. Fewer corgis, more Kardashians. But Sunday night's awards (screened last night on MTV UK) managed to have a few moments where the action was suitably red, white and blue hued.
Red stood for the carpet that stars such as Emma Watson and Kristen Stewart posed on, plus the fabulous frock Charlize Theron was sporting. White was represented by the knuckles of the clenched fists of those celebrities (Kanye, John Travolta, Charlie Sheen) in the firing line of host Russell Brand's gags.
Brand also supplied the blue, with dirty jokes about the size of Michael Fassbender's manhood and the, erm, furriness of Alec Baldwin's. Oh Russell. We are not amused.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations