Wedding bells battle at Christmas: Coronation Street and EastEnders go up the aisle yet again
Another soap opera Christmas wedding? You'd think there were 364 other days of the year to get hitched. Daisy Wyatt looks back on the best Michaelmas marriages from the nation's two favourite soaps
It’s Christmas day, you’re fed up of your family bickering, can’t understand why you ended up with your spouse and are trying to reconcile your divorced parents.
Some might question why EastEnders and Coronation Street writers are so keen on the Christmas day wedding storyline.
This year both soaps have Christmas connubials on the cards again, as Tanya and Max Branning are due to tie the knot in EastEnders while Nick Tilsley and Leanne Battersby head down the aisle in Corrie.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 West poised to join forces with President Assad in face of Islamic State
- 3 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 4 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
Lucy, film review: Scarlett Johansson will blow your mind in Luc Besson's complex thriller
Emmys look set to overhaul the Oscars as Hollywood’s prize draw
Miley Cyrus concert banned on morality grounds in the Dominican Republic
The Hateful Eight trailer: Teaser for Quentin Tarantino film leaks early
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile