What to watch on TV tonight - Outnumbered, Royal Cousins at War
TV picks, Wednesday 5 February
Karen (Ramona Marquez) competes in a swimming competition but takes it a little too seriously for her parents' liking, as the final series continues.
Royal Cousins at War
As the series about the Great War continues, this fascinating two-parter narrated by Tamsin Greig considers its causes and the role of Queen Victoria's offspring, asking how Britain came to be allied with a former foe, Russia, against its old friend Germany.
"We wanted to explore the sense of claustrophobia that is brought by limiting the action to one location in each story." Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith have said of their new anthology of darkly comic tales. "Sardines is the title of the first, as Katherine Parkinson, Anne Reid and Julian Rhind-Tutt are among those cramming into the same wardrobe at a country-house party.
Books And it is whizzpopping!
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs