Finalists in the International Digital Emmy Awards will be announced by the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, April 12, at MIPTV in Cannes. Canadian actor, producer and director Jason Priestly will present the winners.
Among the 13 nominees, Brazil, Hong Kong and New Zealand are nominated for the first time. The awards recognize excellence in television and honors programming produced outside of the US. Media and entertainment members from over 50 countries and 500 companies cover the television, internet and mobile businesses.
Children & Young People
• Cross Media Experimental Project: HK File.X, Radio Television Hong Kong
• Inside Hana's Suitcase: Xenophile Media/Rhombus Media/My Pet Skeleton/CBC, Canada
• Reservoir Hill: KHF Media Ltd/Television New Zealand/New Zealand On Air
• The Space Trainees: MediaCity/Sveng.com/Olof/, 4xM, Finland
• The Well: Conker Media/BBC Switch, United Kingdom
• Final Punishment: BeActive Entertainment/Altec do Brasil/Canal Oi/Milagro
• Pietshow II: Grundy UFA TV Produktions GmbH, Germany
• Primeval Evolved: ITV1/itv.com/Hoodlum/Impossible Pictures, UK
• Print Friends: FremantleMedia/FMX, UK
• Construction and Fall of the Berlin Wall: ZDF Enterprises GmbH, Germany
• Digital Revolution: BBC /The Open University, UK
• Hunger to Learn: BBC, UK
• Last Chance to See: BBC, UK
In November, during the International Emmy World Television Festival in New York City, the International Emmy Awards will be presented. Ten categories cover the ceremony celebrating excellence in television produced outside of the US.
This year, an award will honor television entertainment impresario Simon Cowell, producer of American Idol and Britain's Got Talent among his various enterprises.