‘The Simpsons’ all-star lineup next season
Tuesday 03 August 2010
This fall, the 22nd season of
The Simpsons, the longest-running television comedy in the US, Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie will feature stars of film and television on the award-winning cartoon show.
Performers from the musical hit Glee - Lea Michele, Cory Monteith and Amber Riley - will make vocal appearances on the premiere, September 26.
Also scheduled for the new season's first episode is Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie, the stars of HBO's cancelled cult show, Flight of the Conchords.
Actors Daniel Radcliffe ( Harry Potter) and Hugh Laurie ( House) will make cameos for the 21st annual ‘Treehouse of Horror' Halloween special.
Other guest stars this coming season include: Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, Jon Hamm ( Mad Men), Oscar-winning actress Halle Berry, Paul Rudd ( I Love You Man), Ricky Gervais, and Rachel Weisz, and comedienne Kristen Wiig ( How to Train Your Dragon).
The comedy duo of Cheech and Chong will show up and from the sports world, legendary basketball player Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and racecar driver Danica Patrick.
Media mogul Martha Stewart will lend her voice in The Simpsons Christmas episode which will also include live-action puppets for the first time.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations