New 'Sex and the City' could be a prequel
A new series in the successful Sex and the City franchise, originally on the premium cable channel HBO, is under consideration.
This version of the SATC project is based on the novel The Carrie Diaries, written by the Sex and the City author Candice Bushnell, and features a teenage Carrie Bradshaw, the Sarah Jessica Parker character.
Plans for a film version are on hold. No casting has been determined to replace the actresses but Blake Lively ( Gossip Girl, The Town) has been rumored.
Entertainment Weekly confirmed with an HBO representative that the rebooted show idea may land at another television network. Amy Harris ( Sex and the City, Gossip Girl) is writing the adaptation.
The book's story starts with Carrie as a senior in high school during the 1980s and continues to her first work experience as an intern in New York City. Samantha Jones is in the story, but the other SATC characters are not.
Arts & Ents blogs
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
- 1 British business: We need to stay in the European Union - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 2 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 3 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Mourinho will be a reunion that can only end in tears
- 4 Civil partnerships amendment 'could wreck' gay marriage Bill and cost taxpayer £4bn, Government sources warn
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.