Booted out X Factor group MK1 blast judges for 'talking' during sing-off
Monday 22 October 2012
X Factor hopefuls MK1 have criticised judges Gary Barlow and Nicole Scherzinger for "talking" during their sing-off performance last night.
Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos voted to save the pair but Barlow and Scherzinger saved Kye Sones who is in Barlow's Over-28 category.
Host Dermot O'Leary was forced to reveal the public vote and the urban duo - Charlie Rundle, 19, and Sim Dixon, 24 - were booted off the show
Charlie said: "The whole time we were performing Gary and Nicole were just whispering to each other, and I thought, I'm trying to sing for my place and they were chatting - that's just rude.
"If I'm trying to sing for my life, don't talk through my performance."
Sim said: "And they (Barlow and Scherzinger) gave Kye full attention. It should have been a fair balance and it wasn't."
Contostavlos remained true to her urban roots in her decision to save MK1, who were mentored by Irishman Walsh. She said that from the second she saw them she identified with their music.
Sim and Charlie said they are "really close" to the N-Dubz star but Walsh "understood the MK1 way".
Charlie said: "I think possibly if we had been mentored by her (Tulisa) it might have evolved into a very N-Dubz type thing because it would have been too close."
MK1 claim there were problems with the voting leading up to the live results.
Sim said: "We just couldn't understand what was going on last night, a few hours before our performance we got a lot of tweets from our fans telling us that the voting line for MK1 was frozen and they couldn't vote for us so we were getting really worried.
"In previous series, when that tends to happen, the act goes into the bottom two and may leave the competition.
"When Dermot called our name out that was really playing through our minds."
Charlie said she had fans tweeting her throughout the day to say they could not cast their vote, but TV bosses assured the pair the phone line was working correctly.
"They wouldn't have tweeted if it wasn't working," said Charlie.
The duo said they are now backing boyband District 3 to win the competition and they are hoping to secure a record deal for themselves.
Charlie said: "A little birdie has already told us this morning that there are already people knocking on the door.
"So there are people looking around."
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians