Britain's Got Talent draws biggest audience of series so far
Sunday 12 May 2013
Britain's Got Talent drew its biggest audience of the series last night and opened up a gap of 3.5 million viewers over rival The Voice.
ITV's BGT had an average audience of 10.9 million (including viewers of the catch-up +1 channel) to land its series high.
The show was up one million on the equivalent programme last year.
But it was at the expense of BBC1's The Voice, which was 600,000 down on the previous week with an average of 7.4 million for the first battle round of the series.
And it was a colossal drop of almost four million on the first battle round in 2012 which had an audience of 11.2 million.
ITV's five-and-a-half hour FA Cup final coverage had an average audience of five million viewers who saw Wigan's triumph over Manchester City. The audience was down slightly on the 5.5 million who watched in 2012.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Green village to be bulldozed and mined for lignite in Germany's quest for non-nuclear fuel
- 2 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
Before They Pass Away: In pictures
Kylie Minogue, Kiss Me Once tour, London O2 - review: Pop princess still reigns supreme
Miranda Hart and Sarah Millican lead female comedy breakthrough
'Before They Pass Away': Endangered communities photographed 'like Kate Moss'
The Simpsons death: Character killed off - but not the one you thought
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >